What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
According to the Whitby Gazette, an inquest has ruled that Raymond Wilson, who was 79 years old when he died in 2010, passed away because he came into contact with the deadly substance "for decades without protection".
This was because Mr Wilson worked for chemical plant company ICI - which was taken over by Dutch company AkzoNobel Corporate in January 2008 - and what was then known as the Whitby Urban District Council for many years before he was warned about the dangers of asbestos towards the end of his working life in the late 1980s.
As a result of this exposure, Mr Wilson was diagnosed with mesothelioma in July 2010 and Scarborough County Court heard that the coroner "found traces of both the blue and brown types of asbestos" in his system.
Posted by Helen Jones
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP