What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
According to the St Albans Review, Victor Swadling passed away at the age of 63 in December 2010 after he repeatedly inhaled asbestos while working on projects such as ventilation shaft installation between 1970 and 1975.
As a result of this exposure, as well as further contact with the material in later life, the former pub landlord contracted mesothelioma - a condition which attacks the cells on the inner-lining of the lungs and causes respiratory problems - and later died of pneumonia after his right lung failed.
The coroner's report of Mr Swadling's death showed that he had been in regular contact with asbestos without using protective equipment as its dangers were not fully known.
His family may therefore opt to pursue compensation for their loss.
Posted by Helen Jones
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP